SMS is a powerful tool that financial advisors can use to grow their business, reduce meeting no-shows, and streamline operations. With SMS, you can stay connected with your clients, send important reminders, and provide excellent customer service. Combine SMS with a powerful CRM like HubSpot and you have an unbeatable combination.
Here are 14 examples of how SMS can be used by financial advisors:
- Send appointment reminders. This is one of the most effective ways to reduce meeting no-shows. Simply send a text message to your clients the day prior and a few hours before their appointment to confirm the time and location.
- Send follow-up messages after meetings. This is a great way to show your clients that you care and to make sure they’re happy with the services you provided. You can also use this opportunity to answer any questions they may have.
- Send marketing messages. You can use SMS to promote your services, announce new products or services, or share educational content with your clients.
- Send seminar invitations. SMS or MMS is an immediate way to get an invitation in your prospect’s hands in a way that they are virtually sure to receive and view it. SMS has a roughly 98% open rate.
- Conduct surveys. SMS is a great way to get feedback from your clients. You can use surveys to gauge their satisfaction with your services, get their input on new products or services, or simply learn more about their needs.
- Send birthday wishes. This is a simple but thoughtful way to get your brand in front of your clients.
- Offer discounts and promotions. You can use SMS to promote special offers and discounts to your clients. This is a great way to attract new clients and encourage existing clients to do more business with you.
- Send news and updates. You can use SMS to keep your clients informed about industry news, regulatory changes, market trends, and other relevant information.
- Provide customer service. SMS is a great way to provide customer service to your clients. You can use it to answer questions, resolve issues, and provide support.
- Send onboarding messages. When you onboard a new client, you can use SMS to send them important information about your services, your policies, and how to get in touch with you.
- Send account alerts. You can use SMS to send your clients alerts about their accounts, such as low balances, upcoming payments, or changes to their account information.
- Send bill payment reminders. This is a great way to help your clients stay on top of their bills and avoid late fees.
- Send appointment cancellation notices. If you need to cancel an appointment, you can use SMS to let your client know as soon as possible.
- Send thank-you messages. This is a simple but effective way to show your clients that you appreciate their business.
Message IQ and HubSpot
Integrate IQ, the makers of Message IQ, developed the early versions of this solution out of necessity. We had a large client that needed an effective way to notify their customers of a regulatory change and email wasn’t getting the job done. As we evolved the platform and strategies over the years, we learned that Message IQ and HubSpot are a powerful combination. If you know how to email from HubSpot, you already know how to use Message IQ. Send 1:1 messages or harness the power of HubSpot workflows to automate your donor, volunteer, or constituent messaging.
SMS marketing is a powerful tool that helps businesses connect with their clients and prospects in a more personal and timely way. If you’re looking for a way to reach your audience in a mode they are already using all day, SMS marketing is a great option.
While SMS can be a powerful tool for enhancing customer and prospect communication, it’s crucial to get consent before sending messages and to comply with all relevant laws and regulations regarding customer privacy and communications. Check out this article on SMS & MMS compliance. Using SMS effectively can lead to better customer engagement, improved communication, and a smoother operational process in your business.
We’re full of ideas and love to help. To learn more about how SMS marketing can help your business, contact us today.